A question on records: Obama's Vs. Mitt's
I see! Indeed it might be true that Obama has not been able to get unemployment under 8% as he claimed he would do when the stimulus plan was passed. But is that the ONLY record his has?
When I listen to the campaign speeches that Obama is giving on the campaign trail, it seems to me that he very much IS running on his record! Of course he is going to point out his differences with Mitt Romney, would you not do that if you were running? However, I do not see him "running away" from his record, not even the term Obamacare!
I was pleasantly surprised while listening to an address he gave to a crowd in Colorado, he indeed used the term Obamacare! Chances are he will refer to it again. I agree that the Republicans have their talking points and also the fact does remain as I noted, that unemployment is indeed above 8%. But it seems to me I hear Obama reminding us that he does have a record he can run on some of which comprise of the following:
- He passed the health care bill (Mitt flip flops so much on this, it makes one dizzy)
- The bill allows kids to remain on their parents insurance till age 26
- Insurance companies cannot reject you due to an existing condition
- He signed a major trade bill with South Korea
- He prevented the American Auto industry from collapse or going bankrupt (Mitt has sadly blatantly lied on his flip flopping on this)
- He ended don't ask don't tell and allows Gay and Lesbians to serve openly within the armed forces
- He has created over 4 million jobs since taking office, not enough by any stretch, but job shave been created
- He ended the war in Iraq
- He embraced an unpopular surge in Afghanistan something his opponent in 2008 John McCain supported
- Without American boots on the ground he aided the removal of Qaddafi (Despite the senseless charge of leading from behind)
- He killed Bin Laden